Homemade therapy for any face that has spent the day in the sun.
Summer watermelon is the perfect ingredient for sensitive, dry, or damaged skin, helping replenish and repair. This pink melon is:
- High in vitamin A which is key for protecting skin cells from damaging UV rays.
- Good source of vitamin C and silica, two nutrients that are required for healthy collagen.
- Antioxidant activity from the vitamin C and carotenes.
Added to the mask:
- Aloe vera juice for regenerative properties.
- Yogurt to moisturize and gently exfoliate.
- Lavender for anti-inflammatory response and soothe
You will need:
- 1/4 cup fresh watermelon chunks
- 1 teaspoon aloe juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
Almost Done! Blend the melon, aloe, and yogurt in the blender. Move to a bowl and then add the lavender. Apply to a clean face.
Watermelon Beautiful Health Recipe!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Ingredients: 6 avocados, split, seed removed and flesh removed from skin 2 small tomatoes, seeded, diced 1 small red onion, minced 2 serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice Salt to taste 6 watermelon wedges (no rinds), cut into chunks
Directions: 1. Place avocados in a bowl and mash well. Mix in tomatoes, onions, chiles, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
2. When ready to serve, spoon guacamole in a large bowl and top with watermelon chunks. Serve with crispy tortilla chips.
Cheers, Informed Beaute' - with love..... the Kasia Team.