At Kasia Organic Salon, we were first surprised to see that our Pure-oderant was the second best selling item. We know it is clean, fresh, and non-toxic - but as we listened to our guests and mail deodorant across the U.S. the reason reveals itself through frustration of trying all the deodorants on the market that ...just don't work.
Many guests surf the local health food store shelves and find "crystal" deodorants as a alternative to try, but they again...just don't work. Not only that, but crystal deodorants contain Ionic aluminum, which have been found to create oxidative stress on skin and breast tissue. Most people don't realize that they're slathering on aluminum when they use these crystals. Manufacturers will say that it doesn't contain "harmful aluminums." Aluminum is aluminum. It has no benefit or place in the human body, and only creates a state of toxicity within.
What is aluminum?
Aluminum is the world's most abundant metal in the earth's crust. It is a versatile metal that is lightweight, relatively soft, and durable. It is a fairly reactive element that combines with negatively charged ions or elements to form compounds such as aluminum oxide or aluminum sulfate.
How does aluminum enter the body?
We're exposed to aluminum in many ways:
- Trace amounts in drinking water
- Baked goods that contain alum-containing baking powder
- Foods with artificial colorants (aluminum lakes, example: yellow 5 aluminum lake)
- Cooking acidic foods in aluminum cookware (the acidity causes the aluminum to leach)
- Over-the-counter medicines such as Maylox and Mylanta
- Topical products such as deodorants or anti-perspirants
How does aluminum affect our health?
Unlike some other metals such as potassium, sodium, or magnesium, aluminum has no benefit or function in the body.
- Aluminum creates oxidative stress on cells throughout the body, causing damage to DNA and aging on cells. (Source)
- Aluminum-containing anti-perspirants keep the body from sweating and properly releasing hormones out of the body. This is a suspected cause of breast and prostate cancer. (Source)
- Aluminum accumulates in bone tissue, thus weakening it. (Source) It is a suspected cause of osteoporosis.
- "Once absorbed, Al accumulates in bone, brain, liver and kidney, with bone as the major site for Al deposition in humans." (Source)
- Aluminum robs the body of magnesium, calcium and iron, and accumulates in the brain. "Trace aluminum levels cross the blood-brain barrier and progressively accumulate in large pyramidal neurons of the hippocampus, cortex, and other brain regions vulnerable in Alzheimer's disease. More aluminum enters the brain than leaves, resulting in a net increase in intraneuronal aluminum with advancing age. Aluminum is responsible for two main types of toxic damage in cells. As a pro-oxidant, aluminum causes oxidative damage both on its own and in synergy with iron. Aluminum also competes with, and substitutes for, essential metals-primarily Mg2+, iron and Ca2+ ions-in or on proteins and their co-factors." (Source)
- Aluminum has been found to cause granulomas. (Source)
- Aluminum is toxic to skin and creates oxidative stress (Source)
- Aluminum is absorbed highly by abraided or irritated skin. (Source)
- This study found that ionic aluminum created oxidative stress in breast tissue. (Source)
Informed Beauty -- stay FRESH with Kasia Pure-oderant!
Made with a pure blend of hemp oil, aloe vera and mineral salts that softens skin and eliminates odor-causing bacteria for up to 24 hours!
NO aluminum, alcohol, parabens or proplyene glycol — NO residue.
Scented with organic essential oils.
- Effective using hemp oil and mineral salts that eliminate odor-causing bacteria
- Soothing and healing aloe vera to softens the skin
- No aluminum chlorhydrate and no alcohol
- No tingly irritation and no staining
- We’re sure – it leaves no white residue
- No harmful propellants, pit and ozone friendly
- No animal testing, just on hunks
- None pore clogging, breathe!