Toxic Ingredients to Avoid in Your Sunscreen
Organic or not, avoid these ingredients when shopping for safe sunscreens.
- Nano-Particles - penetration enhancers, creates free radical damage when exposed to sunlight, increases the risk of certain Cancers.
- Retinyl Palmitate – a form of Vitamin A can speed the development of lesions and tumors when applied to the skin in the presence of sunlight.
- Avabenzone, Oxybenzone – hormone disruptors, photoallergic reactions, immunotoxicity, probable carcinogen, endocrine disrupter, enhanced skin absorption, bioaccumulates to dangerous levels, biochemical cellular changes, developmental and reproductive toxicity.
- Phenol - reproductive and developmental toxin and pollutes wildlife.
- Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinamate)- listed as made from cinnamon, endocrine disruptor, hormone disruptor, penetration enhancer.
- Octocrylene - penetration enhancer, creates free radical damage when exposed to sunlight.
- PABA (Octyl Dimethyl PABA, PABA Ester) – cell mutation, Nitrosamine contamination (carcinogenic), creates free radicals damage when exposed to sunlight, penetration enhancer, hormone disruptor.
- Chemicals That Kill Coral Reefs – paraben, cinnamate, benzophenone, and a camphor derivative.
- Synthetic Fragrance – contains phthalates, developmental and reproductive toxin, respiratory toxicant, probable neurotoxin, possible carcinogen and endocrine disruptor, bio-accumulative in wildlife, immune system toxicant, can contain between 10 and 300 different chemicals, many of which have never been tested for safety.
- Parabens - alter hormone levels, increase risk for certain types of cancer (especially breast), impaired fertility, alteration of the development of a fetus or young child, studies have found parabens in breast tumors, probable skin toxicant, animal studies show brain and nervous system effects.
- Petro-Chemicals - contaminated with impurities, linked to cancer or other significant health problems, bad for the environment.
90% of skin damage is from the SUN! Improve & protect the appearance of your skin… lightly tinted and unscented.
15% OFF Organic Tinted Moisturizer with purchase of Good Day Sunshine