Eating a nutrient-dense and enzyme-rich diet of living fruits and vegetables, nuts, grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats have proven to have a profound effect on skin, health and disease. We want to inspire you with the truth that optimum health and beauty can be achieved by the intake of fresh, anti-inflammatory, chemical/toxin-free, enzyme-rich foods that detoxify and rejuvenate the mind, body and skin.
Beware of Silent Inflammation — inflammation that falls below the threshold of perceived pain. That's what makes it so dangerous. If this consistent inflammation goes on unknown for years, eventually it erupts into what we call chronic disease. We are in control-our food choices are critical when it comes to causing and controlling inflammation.
This inflammation may be caused by:
- Eating a pro-inflammatory diet (i.e., high glycemic carbs)
- Excess exposure to ultraviolet light
- Environmental stressors
- Weakened immune system
- Hormonal changes
The most important factor in fighting inflammation is the food you eat every day. Studies have shown that when foods like fruit, vegetables and fish are digested, they produce anti-inflammatory metabolites. In contrast, red meat and dairy produce pro-inflammatory metabolites.
Improve Your Digestion
Contrary to what we have been lead to believe, we are not just what we eat-more importantly we are more about what we can digest and absorb. The health of our digestive tracts is highly integrated in our overall health.
The classic signs that all is not quite as it should be in the area of digestion are often low energy, poor skin, headaches, foggy thinking and food allergies. This leads to all sorts of other symptoms-from depression to weight gain, to aches and pains to arthritis.
The basic principles of gut health are essentially the principles of good health in general: Eat natural foods, including lots of fiber, hydrate thoroughly, choose low-glycemic carbs, and avoid sugar, white flour, and processed food.
Eating foods grown with chemicals and prepared with synthetic preservatives and additives have shown to create accumulative reactive toxins, resulting in acne, rashes and other problematic skin conditions.
Over a period of time, toxins in the digestive system clog the pores and internal channels that carry moisture and nutrients to the deeper layers of the skin. Results from this are: aging skin/spots, wrinkles, and dullish look.
Healthy skin depends on reducing the levels of toxins in your body, and the first step to doing this is to take fewer toxins in. Essential components of what you should eat to reduce inflammation are Omega-3 essential fatty acids and antioxidants.
Cold-pressed Seed Oils/Essential Fatty Acids
The most dramatic and positive skin changes come under the influence of an essential fatty acid intake/supplementation. Dry and sensitive skin affects one in every two women. An inadequate essential fatty acid intake induces water loss across the epidermis.
Kasia suggests supplementation with revolutionary Immuno-Viva's Core seed oil, offering both a cold-pressed essential fatty acids and free radical prevention in one!
Did you know? Topical skincare products address about 20% of your skin's needs. The other 80% comes from proper nutrition.
Beautiful Nutrient Suggestions
Immuno-Viva's nutritional supplements help to heal and strengthen cellular membranes and protect cells' internal structures. They work synergistically with Kasia Organic Skincare's topical products to improve the health of skin, hair and nails.
- Immuno-Viva® Core — Immuno-Viva Core's rich Omega fatty acids and diverse blend of antioxidants help your body fight the aging process from the inside out, and counteract many health problems associated with modern living.
- Immuno-Viva® Probiotic+ — Good health begins with a balanced digestive system. Immuno-Viva Probiotic+ delivers a robust blend of seven probiotics, or "good flora," balancing your system and enabling your body to efficiently absorb the nutrients your skin, hair and nails need to thrive.
- Cold-Pressed Oil Synergy of Black Cumin With Other Oils — Multi-antioxidants, with addition of black cumin produced by plant seed oil extraction, can yield super-potent antioxidants greater than their weighted averages (synergism). Black caraway adds stability.
Example of Daily Nutrition
- Breakfast: Organic/natural yogurt with chopped fresh fruit and nuts OR fresh fruit!
- Lunch: A big salad. rich with colorful fresh vegetables, sesame or pumpkin seeds, olive oil, and using lemon juice and herbs for flavor!
- Dinner: A hot meal of fresh (organic) fish, chicken or lean meat or a vegetarian alternative made from beans, lentils or tofu. As a side you can steam vegetables with a small amount of oil and water.
- Snacks: Fresh fruits, raw vegetables, raw nuts anddehydrated crackers.
- Drinks: At least six glasses of fluids/liquids a day: water, herbal and fruit, juicing of fresh fruit and vegetable, and once in a while, dairy-free smoothie.
Steer clear of protein bars, high-energy drinks, and starches. These foods make our hormones and adrenals get out of balance, and leaves us severely dehydrated.