The best essential oils for dandruff will depend on the underlying cause of your dandruff.
What are the triggers? Stress? Diet? Lifestyle?
Recommended Essential Oils include:
Geranium, juniper, lavender, rosemary, sage, and lemon scented tea tree.
For a dry, flaky scalp, you can try chamomile, lavender or sandalwood.
If you want to use one oil at a time, add a few drops to your shampoo. Kasia Organic Salon team recommends your choice of essential oils with Jojoba oil, and/or scalp treatments with Kasia Restore Hair Oil.
Causes of Dandruff
Truly, the cause of seborrheic dermatitis is unknown and can have a variety of catalysts.
A relationship to hormones and yeast infections has been a consistent possible causation of guests at Kasia Organic Salon.
The primary cause of dandruff is thought to be a yeast.
• Over activity of oil glands is another possible cause. Shampooing daily with a sulfate free agent will eliminate the oil and help prevent the dandruff. Do not over strip the hair.
• Shampooing in too hot of water may strip out the natural oils and dry out your scalp. It's best to use tempid and/or cooler water to help close the pores, which will relieve the flaking problem.
• Avoid PVC and alcohol-based styling products as they tend to dry out the scalp. The styling gels, sprays and mousses can build up on your scalp.
• Excess Stress can trigger or exacerbate dandruff very easily.
• A high sugar intake may be another major cause. Sugar requires B vitamins in order to metabolize and can cause a deficiency. To compensate take a high potency B-complex to relieve the dandruff. Diabetes and the high sugar levels result in dehydration of the tissues as the body flushes out fluids in an attempt to rid itself of the sugar. One of the end results is dry skin.
• People on low or no fat diets may be deficient in unsaturated fats called essential fats, such as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids