New Year's Beauty + Detox Salad
Get your party hats on and your noise makers ready because you’re this New Year is gunna be your best one yet.
This fabulous detox recipe (and yummy gluten-free salad) is gunna start your year right with clean eating in a more purposeful and thoughtful state of mind. xoxo
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp. raw whole almonds
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, steam broccoli and sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, cabbage, cooked quinoa, broccoli and sweet potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice and vinegar; pour over salad. Add cashews and almonds; toss to combine and serve.
Slow down, breathe deep, taste......ENJOY