// User Icon Setting (may be set to BLACK, WHITE or NONE):
Get ahead of the toxic "slew" this winter by adding a daily smoothie to help support your methyl groups and detoxification. Excess toxins become stored in the body. By supporting their REMOVAL, you can release excess weight, expedite hair growth through healthier adrenals and brighten your complexion!
Here is a great list of some daily components you can add to your daily routine.
1. Sulforaphane, found in broccoli, and especially broccoli sprouts. This compound has counteracted genes that increase cancer susceptibility in lab studies, and helps the body destroy abnormal cells. Cruciferous vegetables also help the body detox excess estrogens and promote hormonal health.
2. Chlorophyll, found in barley and wheatgrass, chlorella, leafy greens and spirulina. Chlorophyll helps to neutralize toxins and boost the body’s immune defenses. We use dark leafy greens in our cleanse program to nourish the body with minerals, and support liver detoxification.
3. Catechins, found in apples, berries and green tea, inhibits enzymatic reactions that can lead to cancer and has shown to reduce tumor size in lab studies. Apples, berries and green tea are also sources of antioxidants that promote beauty and strong hair, skin and nails.
4. Limonoids, found in lemon, lime, noni and orange, promotes detoxification of cancer-causing compounds within the digestive tract and also may inhibit breast cancer cell growth. Drink your lemon water at room temperature in the morning.
5. Curcumin, a compound found in turmeric is used to help reduce inflammation which allows the body to heal naturally. Those with inflammatory conditions or arthritis may choose to use turmeric as part of their regimen.
Enjoy this ENERGIZING Smoothie!
Energize Me Smoothie
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup spinach
1-inch piece ginger root
1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
1 cup coconut water or water
This smoothie is full of easy to digest carbohydrates that will leave you feeling energized. The fibre content of this smoothie will slow the release of those carbohydrates into your bloodstream, helping you to keep your energy levels stable until your next meal. It is also rich in vitamins and minerals. While we do not use vitamins and minerals directly for energy, they are used in energy production processes so in a roundabout way they do help to energize you.
Reference: Young and Raw