Beautiful Health Detoxification
Love of Your Liver
Detox diets, juice fasts and cleanses are everywhere you turn these days. Is this just another fad, or does a detox offer some real health benefits?
Let's shed some light on the cleansing process and suggests some helpful tips for getting the most out of a cleanse and/or liver reset!
Detoxification is essentially a process of transformation that goes on inside us everyday—in fact we wouldn’t be alive without it. The body takes substances, whose accumulative affect is harmful, and changes them into a less toxic material that can be excreted.
The liver plays a major role in detoxification; not only of food and drink but also substances your body makes itself such as estrogen and cholesterol.
What we eat becomes a part of us, and this is a really important concept to consider when making food choices. Alongside our eating habits, the lifestyle choices we make influence how efficiently our body is able to detoxify.
We are now exposing our bodies to higher levels of toxins through environmental pollutants, pesticides, insecticides, processed foods that contain additives and preservatives, and the residue from synthetic substances used in medications, pesticides and many beauty products.
While our liver is designed to process and readily eliminate substances that require detoxification, it is the ongoing and excessive exposure to these pollutants that can lead to our liver and digestive functions becoming increasingly compromised.
During a cleanse, the function of the liver and digestive system is aided through the elimination of particular foods that would normally require a great deal of transformation before they could be excreted. These particular substances place a burden on the liver and negatively affect the speed at which toxins can be eliminated from the body. Estrogen and cholesterol, which are produced internally, do not take priority for excretion if the body is dealing with a large amount of “liver loaders”.
Without these difficult to transform substances the body’s elimination pathways work more efficiently, improving your overall health, beauty and emotional wellbeing.
Top 7 Lifestyle Enhancements to Clear the Liver
Get the Glow
- Reduce caffeine consumption and easy on the alcohol
- Avoid trans fats—damaged fats usually found in highly processed foods and sugars. Increase the nutrient density of your diet through the consumption of vibrant, life-giving greens.
- Add cleansing greens are generally kale, dandelion, arugula, mustard greens, and chards; loaded with chlorophyll and antioxidants these are bursting with nutrients.
- Organic and Grass Fed Meats provide protien for phase 2 elimination, followed by supporting foods like beetroot, artichoke, garlic and lemon
- Liver focused detoxification vitamins and minerals such as sulphur, which can be obtained from eggs, onion, garlic and shallots, as well as the Brassica family of vegetables, which includes broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Source organic produce whenever you can. Do not forget, what's put onto your skin is permeable and effects your toxicity build up.
- Topically: Chemicals through personal care products and water are leaked into the blood stream and miss the re-direct through your liver to filter. BE FREE and mindful as you invest in your beauty remedies!
I highly recommend bringing these foundational tips into
Through self-love, awareness and intention .... shoot for amazing health and enjoy the benefits of increased energy, more beautiful skin and balanced emotional health.
BE Well. BE Beautiful. BE Empowered.