A great photo communicates in a nanosecond in the essence of who you are.
HEY! You may be thinking....
I'm sure what to wear?
I'm really NOT the best at applying makeup?
What to wear?
"Why does it matter — it’s a headshot!"
Au contraire, my friend!
Remember, our first impression is expressed in 3 seconds.
Following the KISS method... KEEP IT SIMPLE, SISTER!
Here are Quick + Simple Tips to Prep for Your Headshot
Haven't grabbed your ticket?
Before Your Arrival
|Tips to get the most from your session|
Your Personality & Tone:
Take a minute to think about the tone and personality you want to project.
To help give you a sense...... do you want to project hip, friendly or creative - or you may prefer to be an air of formality, knowledge and trustworthiness?
*** Let our makeup artist and styling team at Beauty Ecology know your preference and we can help tailor your look to portray this "tone and look."
Come prepped with your hair styled.
Our pro's will assist you in prep of your headshot.
**If you would like to schedule a blowout or style, please email us at email@example.com.
Bring any makeup staples you wish to use in your session. Our Makeup session is designed for ONE focus area (ie: eye color technique or contouring basics) while helping you determine the base colors for all over mineral coverage.
- Make-up should be clean and natural
- Our La Bella Donna Mineral line is high definition TV performance - helping to diminish shine, pores size, and the skin looks even and smooth.
- Line lips Don't overdo it.
- Avoid too much shimmer.
- Do not use any new product on your hair, face or body the day of or before to avoid a bad reaction.
- Consider updating your haircut and color prior to the shoot.
***Our expert stylists can help you determine the best color for your skin tone as well as the best cut for your specific face shape.
- Keep hair soft and smooth and off the face to diminish lines and shadows
- Go for lift and body to pull your overall look and essence. SHINE!
What to Wear
- Wear clothes that are comfortable and that make you look great.
- Make sure your jacket and shirt fit you well (especially around the neck)
- Turtlenecks are almost always a bad idea (since they crowd the face)
- Clothes should be neatly pressed and should look new or like new
- Avoid busy patterns and large lines/stripes
- Blue/green/turquoise shirts/blouses or accents can help emphasize blue/green/hazel eyes
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns
- Different necklines will change the apparent shape of your face.
- If wearing a colored blouse - ideally go darker than your skin tone
- Sleeveless tops/dresses can draw attention to your shoulders/arms.
- Keep jewelry extremely simple - small is better
- Avoid jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated
- The picture is about your face, not your jewelry
- Consider if facial piercings or multiple ear piercings are appropriate for where your photo will be displayed
I hope this answered some of your questions on how to best prep for a great headshot - or any photography sesh, at that!
NOW get your ticket to a Successful Photo Session
and a Refreshed Style for a GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION!
The Slumber Before January 20th!
Drink lots of water and be well rested.
Apply a rich skin oil the night before the photo shoot to plump and hydrate the skin.
Prep Your Skin with Youth Renew
Hydrate & Restore Your Skin's Vital Everyday Health & Barrier
Barrier Repair + Plumper Skin
(Clients RAVE about our Evoq Youth Renewal Oil brimmed full of seed oils such as borage, primrose, cumin, chia, raspberry, more+). Tap Tap and Purchase for the perfect photo skin prep for a health dewy glow.