For some, the warmer weather is bliss.
For others, it means itchy eyes, fatigue, dry skin and endless "hachooo's."
Yup... allergy season. BUT WAIT ...
Your puffy, dark under eye circles and may not be from Pollen at all.
- What is a histamine and histamine intolerance?
- A Functional Medicine approach - getting to the root and how to reverse the reactions..
- The hidden foods in your diet revealed.
- The common "drug muggers" stealing your histamine + immune health.
- Done for You - Guide to the top foods to avoid and add to your grocery list.
- How everyday anxiety, fatigue and eczema could be linked to a lack of enzyme reaction.
- Life changing 'ah-ha' tips and actionable blueprints for a better quality of life
PSEUDO ALLERGIES 101
This topic is associated with many health and skin issues, so read on - it could be life-changing information for you.
- Pseudo allergies (fake mimickers) and how your seasonal allergy symptoms may be a misdiagnosis and really be a histamine reaction.
- HIT ( not your 'high-intensity training' workout )- the real cause of Histamine Intolerance
- Everyday lifestyle beauty blueprint guide to start the journey of identifying the culprits and easy everyday choices - even if you don't suffer from allergies.
Let's hit the books and dive in!
MISDIAGNOSED SEASONAL ALLERGY? ITS TRICKY.
Symptoms mimic the same as allergic reactions because of the involvement of the release of histamine in the body. It can lead to chronic inflammatory conditions. It's hidden in skin disorders such as eczema, unexplained skin rashes, and itchiness.
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A ALLERGIES & HISTAMINE INTOLERANCE?
- Allergies are an IgE mediated, histamine response to an allergen, i.e., pollen or cat dander.
- Histamine Intolerance (HIT) is a toxic response by the body due to the excessive accumulation of endogenous or exogenous histamine from an inability of the body to efficiently breakdown histamine and hypersensitivity of cell antigen receptors.
WHEN HISTAMINES BREAK DOWN IN THE BODY.
Your immune system creates antibodies to fight these elements, prompting the release of HISTAMINES into the bloodstream.
INTOLERANCE TO WHAT?
Histamine intolerance (HIT) comes from either...
- making too much histamine or
- the 'lack of' the body being able to properly break down histamines.
THE GANGSTA AND A BAD RAP
Histamine tends to be the 'gansta' with a bad rap because it releases typical allergy symptoms. In reality, though, histamine plays a crucial role in many bodily processes.
We couldn't survive without histamine production, but like the perfect man - it can be too much of a good thing.
THE GUT + BRAIN CONNECTION
Your brain functions on histamine as a neurotransmitter, it releases gastric acid as it is the first stage of breaking down protein in the stomach.
BUT I EAT HEALTHY FOOD?
Many healthy foods can cause issue over time. For example, fermented foods can causs a genetic SNP in your enzyme gene pathway that hinders the process and causes histamine to build up in your bloodstream!
Did you know....when eating leftovers, you can produce too much histamines? The histamine is produced because bacteria act on your leftovers and produce histamine, then you eat it.
In my next email I will cover this in depth with an actionable guide around the most common "health foods" high histamines with a 'done for you' shopping guide.
Growing numbers are starting to take issue with producing the enzyme needed to degrade histamine- Diamine Oxidase (DAO).
DAO - IT'S IN YOUR DNA
You may have a genetic predisposition of poor methylation or the inability to obtain the key nutrient vitamins (B6, B12, iron, copper and vitamin C) to process histamines.
THE DRUG MUGGERS
Common medications like antidepressants, birth control, anti-inflammatories, laxatives (and more) are known as “drug muggers” which steal the nutrients needed to make the enzymes - which breakdown the histamines.
Addressing the REAL root cause of histamine balance, diet, improving gut microbiome, and assisting seasonal allergy environmental attacks will naturally help get the body back on track.
ALLERGY + HISTAMINE LIFESTYLE TIPS
*A Happy Home. Create a allergy-safe and immune home and beauty space
Give your makeup bag and brushes a soak regularly, check windows for mold and clean out that A.C. filters.
*Lock in moisture + Avoid chemicals in your beauty products.
Histamines take a toll on your skin from the inside out. **Stay tuned on my next insightful email on histamines and aging.
Drink up (sans lakeside wine) with H20 and a little lemon to alkalanize.
*Thyroid and Hormone Havoc
The thyroid and histamine balance is commonly interrelated. You may be one of the 50% of women that experience underlying thyroid disfunction causing depression, weight gain, fatigue and hair loss. Hyper or Hypo? I shared a great short read on HOW TO TEST the THYROID.
*Rest & Digest
Pursue relaxation and make it goal to get a good night’s sleep.
Gluten puts the immune system into overdrive. Try giving gluten a rest, or - stop cheating. (hug) Get my QUICK GLUTEN FREE INGREDIENT DOWNLOAD LIST to avoid here!
*Good-bye Puff Eye Beauty Hack! Sleeping with your head elevated at night will drain fluids and decrease the puffiness in your face for the morning.
*Supplemental Immune Support
"CBD is proven to promote the formation of new immune cells and help to boost your body’s power to defend and heal."
HEMP. THE IDEAL LIFESTYLE CURING CONCENTRATE
Join our next class as we un-cover...
- A curated list of key foods and diet that could change your life
- The most common causes of histamine intolerance
- The key supplements needed to assist the body in reversing reactions and getting back to vitality.
- Evidence based healing blueprint guides pertaining to - the BEST nutrition, supplements, and topical skin care choices for optimal wellness and quality of life.
xo Love + Health + Beauty - Kassandra